Rocky Mountain Iris dot the landscape during Wyoming's brief spring and they are one of my all time fave wildflowers. I illustrated this piece digitally on my iPad and then turned them into riso prints. Risography, or riso printing, is a digital process that maintains some of the great elements of hand printed work. Risograph machines digitally produce pieces, but in a process that is similar to screenprinting in that each color must be printed seperately. This creates a lovely grain and interesting effects from layering the colors.
- Signed limited edition of 50
- Fluoroescent yellow, lime green, and violet ink
- Riso prints can be more sensitive to UV light so consider hanging it away from direct light or using a UV glass in your frame
- 67lb bright white paper
- These were printed by Risolve Studio, who use sustainable papers, plant-based inks, no chemical drying agents, and low consumable energy Riso machines.
- Use code "laramie" for free local drop off.